Shipping Efficiently Equals Cost Savings
Customers can lower over-the-road shipping costs by consolidating multiple truck shipments onto a single SEACOR AMH vessel for shipment, an important step forward to help alleviate our nation’s congested transportation network.
Container-on-barge is also a cost-savings solution for:
- Improving port throughput and reduction of dwell time by reducing the number of containers waiting to be loaded onto chassis or railcars to load and transport containers
- Shipping large volumes of raw materials and bulk type products long distances
- Transporting heavy machinery, equipment and other kinds of oversized, finished products
- Returning empty barges to inland destinations for those carriers operating between the Midwest and the lower Mississippi River region
- Slack water conditions of the Tenn-Tom mean that barges can use a smaller horsepower towboat which reduces fuel and shipping costs.